Pages - Menu

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

~ Collective of Love by Melissa E. Costa ~

 

Author: Melissa E. Costa
Title: Collective of Love
Series: A Maidoa Love Story 1
Pages: 75
Release date: 2021 April 23
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 


Maidoa life is never easy. They mate in pods of three, but first they must survive, then once they find each other, it’s love at first sight.

Naidon and Alooma lose their meeraid—the third part of a maidoa pod. Naidon has his eye set on a new meeraid to join their fold. But Sade has other plans, and his rejection could have life or death consequences.


My review: 


Holy hell! What did I just read?! And why was it this short? Arghhhhhh. 

This book is so, so good! The world building, the characters, everything! I read it in one go, I couldn't and wouldn't put it down, no matter what. It held my interest and I just wanted to know how their story will end. 

The book is about mermen society - every pond has 3 different mermen/mermaid to be a complete family. 
It starts with a freshly 'born' merman who looks for their pond mates to complete their family. It was really fascinating to read about everything, Naidon was my favorite and I loved reading from his POV and see what's he thinking. Sade was my second favorite, he is still a big question mark, what happend with his previous family? And then we have Alooma, who is the female in the pond. I wanted to like her, but she was so whiny.

It was exciting and I enjoyed reading this book. I'm so looking forward to more, this whole world is fascinating and I want to know what will happen to them. 

It's not your everyday romance, don't look for sweet kisses and love scenes, or erotica. I believe we will see more of those in next books, but anyway, this story is so enjoyable without those too. It's m/m/f, but I believe it could be enjoable read to those who strictly read only m/m (like me). 

Congrats to the author, she created a really unique world and I'm here for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment