Pages - Menu

Thursday, March 04, 2021

~ Dual Destruction by Kate Hawthorne ~

Author: Kate Hawthorne
Title: Dual Destruction
Series: Duality 1 
Pages: 250
Release date: 2021 March 4
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆


Blurb: 


Not a villain, but never the hero.

Foster Golden kills people for a living, and with no family and few friends, he’s the perfect man for the job. But distracted by memories of a hedonistic weekend he wishes he could forget, his next assignment brings him face to face with the one man he cannot--the mysterious Sage Rosetti.

Never a hero, and not quite the villain.

Sage Rosetti is no stranger to the shady side of the world. Throughout his life, he’s searched out the deepest corners of the darkest places in the pursuit of his business and his pleasure. When a wink from a stranger leaves him bleeding out in an alley, Sage doesn’t know where to go. He ends up in last place he should be, the arms of the very man who wants him dead, Foster Golden.

You’re mine to own, mine to end.

Against his better judgement, Foster nurses Sage back to health, the two of them rekindling feelings better left buried in the past. Sage and Foster could be unstoppable, but after shots are fired and plans are put into motion, Sage becomes a man obsessed with a desire so powerful it threatens to destroy not just their future, but their lives.

---

Dual Destruction is a 65,000 word enemies to lovers romance between consenting adults with darker themes, a little angst, and an HEA.


My review: 


I read the free prequel just before I started this book and I was really excited to know more about Foster & Sage. They both are really interesting characters and I love the way Kate writes her characters. 

This story has dark elements, and I was eager to see how Kate writes darker story and how the romance will come through. I had one problem though, and that I had with the prequel too - I couldn't get close to the characters and to their actions. I just couldn't see why they were the way they were. I haven't see into their past, I don't know anything about their jobs and families, and don't know their soul. 

I read the book, but it didn't give me deep feelings and I wasn't concerned about their health. I missed the romance, they were just words on the pages without feelings behind them. It's a new for me, because I'm not used to this from Kate. The erotic scenes, the BDSM, they were just as great as I knew they would be, but the romance was missing for me. 

The gun play is new for me, I haven't read about guns before this - I'm not against of reading about more in the future, but it is not on my top kink list of enjoyement. I don't know why, but I had the feeling that I read about kids who plays with play-guns. I didn't see the danger of it, haven't felt the high of it - and as I said it wasn't real for me. (And I don't know whyyyyy, sorry).

I enjoyed reading the book, but after a while it was just boring with all of the 'who wants us dead' thing. 

It's a 4 star read for me. 

PS. the cover is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment