Pages - Menu

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

~ Back To You ~


Author: Kiska Gray
Title: Back To You
Pages: 202
Release date: 2020 June 19
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★☆☆(3,5)


Blurb: 

An MM Contemporary Romance

Can a second chance lead to a happily-ever-after?

I’m in love with Dane Fisher.

Not only is he my best friend, but he's the one to pick up the broken pieces when my life falls apart. We're partners-in-crime. He's the peanut butter to my jelly, and I've loved him for as long as I can remember.

But he can never find out. It would kill me to lose him.

And then I lose him anyway.

Yet, the universe has a way of bringing us together again—and this time, I’m not giving up on us.

It will always come back to him...


Back to You is a 57,000 word MM contemporary romance. It is a standalone, one part best friends to lovers, one part second chance, and 100% swoony and sweet.

*Author’s Note: This book deals with themes of cancer, loss of a loved one and suicide. Please, read with care.



My review: 

This book gave me mixed feelings. I loved reading it...until one point, where my interest was lost at 60%. 

The first part of the story was amazing and I thought it would be a new favorite. But then came the second part and everything was so not what I hoped for. We got instalove, death after death, unlimited money access, fast decisions after one other... 
Don't get me wrong, the romance was good, but I missed the whole 'falling in love AGAIN' scenes. Or just 'I hate you for what you did and you need to suffer before we fall in love...' , I don't know, this wasn't the story I pictured in my head. I was so afraid of reading it because I thought I will be in tears in the whole time, but nothing came.

The erotica was good but after I lost my interest, those weren't the same for me. I think the storytelling was a bit fast and the author wanted to gave too much in few pages. I missed the emotional wrecking of the story, and Dane&Hollister both were a bit emtpy characters. 

And all those cats. OMG it was waaaaaay too many.

So while I LOVED the first half of it, this wasn't the book I hoped for. It wasn't bad, but wasn't super good either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment