Pages - Menu

Sunday, January 27, 2019

~ Worth the Chance ~

Author: Kate Hawthorne
Title: Worth the Chance
Series: Giving Consent 4 (can be read as standalone)
Pages: 298
Release date: 2019 January
Rating: ★★★★☆

Blurb: 

Verity Jones has always been true to themself; even when it meant coming out as nonbinary at a young age and losing the love of their friends and parents. Years later, Verity is ensnared in a complicated, consuming, but purely platonic relationship with their best friend Landon. When Landon’s high-school sweetheart re-enters the picture, Verity finds themself alone for the first time since college.

Content with the status quo, Aaron Hoffman finds his tight-knit circle of friends shaken up when Gregory introduces him to Landon, and Landon’s roommate and business partner, Verity. From the first time they speak, Aaron is fascinated by the elusive, rose-scented person behind the bar at Rapture. Determined to know them better, Aaron focuses his attention on convincing Verity he’s worth their time.

Aaron’s steadfastness and patience offer Verity the stability they’re looking for, giving them both a place to explore new facets to the dynamic lifestyle they’d lived in the past. After a surprising holiday back home in Missouri, Verity realizes the person they’re meant to be isn’t who they thought they were. Venturing into the unknown is daunting, but to find love, Verity and Aaron will need to take the chance.

My review: 

This is the first time i gave less then 5 star for one of Kate Hawthorne's book. And i am the saddest person about it right now.

I finished this book 4-5 days ago, i think? I read it on release day because this book was everything i wanted, i have waited for this book so much, and i was so happy to finally read it...but...

But this wasn't the story i have waited for. I don't know why but i couldn't love it. Everything was so confusing and my own feelings were the worst. I loved Verity from the very beginning and i wanted to know their story, but Worth the Chance wasn't what i had in mind for them.

This book and Verity is my very first nonbinary person/book i've ever met/read. I am open minded, but Verity confused me so many times that i couldn't enjoy the book as much as i wanted. I hate to read blindfolded, and this was what i was feeling. I couldn't see Verity body and didn't know how to imagine it- i know they aren't men or women, but i wanted to know what was/is between their legs - i think its a penis but i'm not 100% sure. And while i don't know what is there i can't imagine anything between Verity and Aaron. I've read the words but couldn't picture it in my head.

I loved Verity from the beginning...but Verity from this book was very different from the earlier. And Aaron was different too. 
I read the story but i didn't loved it. 

I hope i didn't offended anyone, this wasn't what i wanted, i just really don't understand some things. It's my bad i know, but i've never heard/met/read nonbinary person and i don't know nothing about their body - so sorry if my review is offeneded you, i don't know how else to write it.

The story itself was good and Verity is an unique person with the hardest life ever, dom and sub while men and women. The love story was good too and Aaron was cute too, but...!
And i missed the BDSM. I missed it so much.

I am still confused and i am not sure i had to write this review, but i needed to write it out. I know everyone is in love with the story and Verity and Aaron, i wanted it to, but i couldn't.

SORRY! I am so sorry i couldn't love it as much as they deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment