Pages - Menu

Sunday, September 20, 2020

~ Of Heart and Wings ~

 

Author: Debbie McQueen 
Title: Of Heart and Wings
Series: Dragon King 1
Pages: 189
Release date: 2020 October 11 
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★ (4,5)


Blurb: 

Raiden is the firstborn son and heir to the throne. When his father is injured, the weight of the crown is heavier than ever. At seventeen years old, Raiden isn’t sure he can live up to the king’s legacy.

Egan is a dragon who appears human. He works for his family as a blacksmith. The secret he must protect keeps him from getting close to anyone.

After a chance encounter, Raiden discovers Egan’s secret. They form a friendship forged by trust, it soon blossoms into something neither of them expected. The strength they find in each other may just help them rise up to meet their destinies.

My review:

This book was so, so sweet and I enjoyed it reading so much. It gave me all the fluffy feelings and I just immersed in the story. I couldn't put it down and read it in one go.

Raiden&Egan's story was really lovely. I love this kind of stories when you see the falling in love part from the very beginning, when they don't know about their feelings, they just want to be friends and spend all the time together. Two cute young boy. And the added bonus, a dragon shifter. It was so so good! 

There were a point when I double checked the blurb - it's really a gay romance? Because when Egan spoke in his head about his dragon, it was a 'her'. So I thought Egan is female? But no, his dragon is female. 

I loved the whole prince/dragon love story. Raiden was a great character and a really great prince. Egan and his dragon was so so lovely. I really loved this book. The romance was really sweet, and I loved when Egan shifted. The dragon scenes were really good and I loved when Raiden communicated with the dragon.

The book ended in a light cliffhanger, and I really can't wait the next book. I miss Raiden and Egan so much. I love this world, the author did a really good job with this book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment