Pages - Menu

Monday, September 07, 2020

~ Forgetful Hearts ~

 



Author: Nicky James
Title: Forgetful Hearts
Series: Hometown Jasper 3 (can be read as standalone)
Pages: 261
Release date: 2020 September 10
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 

Why can't Shay remember when his nemesis became his lover?

Shay would never associate with Josiah. Not only is he his brother’s ex-best friend, but he’s arrogant, cocky, and rude. When Josiah claims they’re dating and that Shay forgave him for his past transgressions, Shay is convinced he’s lying. Except, since the accident that left him with no memory, Shay isn’t sure of anything.

The last six months are a black hole in his mind. What’s worse, Shay is convinced that whatever happened to him wasn’t an accident at all. But the only person who believes him is Josiah. Perhaps together, they can figure out the truth. Maybe retracing their steps will shake loose those missing pieces.

Can Shay put trust in the man he swore to hate? Will regaining those memories be good or bad? What if the truth was written on his heart the whole time?

Forgetful Hearts is a low angst MM romance novel with amnesia, age gap, enemies-to-lovers, and brother's ex-best friend tropes. It is part of the Hometown Jasper Series but can be read as a standalone.

 

My review: 

My poor heart can't decide to cry or laugh. This isn't the end! I thought it's a 3 book series and Josiah (my all time favorite from the start!) is the last, but no! There is a 4th book, with Tomi and Windsor, and ahhh I-CAN-NOT-WAIT! But back to Josiah.

Ah sweet poor Josiah, I love him so so much, and was so excited to finally know his story with Shay. It was heartbreaking and a bit more angsty then the previous books (but far from the real Nicky angst!). The amnesia was really a surprise, and I am a sucker for great amnesia stories. Nicky did it, and wrote a super amazing amnesia love story! (but really, it is not a surprise)

Josiah and Shay were both lovely and sweet characters, I loved Josiah from the very beginning and it was really good to see him fall in love. Shay was cute too, and I loved that hate/love relationship between them. It was heartbreaking, because Josiah was suffering, and Shay couldn't remember, but those make it more perfect. Fall in love for the second time is always super sweet.

Love Josiah and the way he speak, and Shay with those comebacks, so funny and snarky! Loved those moments between them. And how their relationship changed, and Josiah was so patient with Shay, it was so sweet. 

Best side character ever: Jordie! That guy was more then hilarious! I laughed so hard! And The Cat - poor baby :) ♥

This book has everything you want from a Nicky James story, and everything you need and love in an amnesia second chance romance. Loved being on this journey with Josiah and Shay. 

Josiah is the sweetes character ever. My second favorite behind Krew! ♥

HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT


Narrator: Nick J. Russo
Length: 9 hrs 26mins
Release date: 2021 April 1
Buy it on Audible
Rating: ★★★★★


My review:


My favorite book from the series and I couldn't wait to hear Josiah & Shay's story on audio. And let me tell you, it was everything and more. The narrator did such an awesome job to give Josiah and Shay life with his voice. Josiah is perfect as he is, but with that voice... ahh. 

I laughed many, many times. Especially, when...you know. 
Loved listening to it, I swooned and laughed. I cheered them on and was crazy happy all the time while listening to this story.

Tomi and Windsor were hilarious, I loved them when I first met them, but now that I know they will be together... it's always funny to re-visit characters when you know more about them ;) 

Loved, loved, loved it! I'm not saying it's my favorite audio by Nicky, but it's a close second. 

No comments:

Post a Comment