Pages - Menu

Saturday, June 05, 2021

~ Escaping the Merman by Aramis Jordan ~

 

Author: Aramis Jordan
Title: Escaping the Merman 
Series: Cursed Mermen 1 
Pages: 236
Release date: 2021 June 5
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 

A handsome sailor who thinks he’s straight.
A beautiful merman driven by desire.

Fernando knows he’s in trouble when his ship runs into a merman colony. Infamous for luring in ships with their ethereal song, mermen are feared. Fernando tries to escape, but when he lays eyes on gorgeous merman Arian, he wonders: does he even want to get away?

Arian loves men and cannot believe his luck when a ship sails into his archipelago. When his gaze falls on Fernando, Arian wants him and no one else. But mermen are dark creatures, and it’s not a question if things will go wrong - it's when.


Escaping the Merman is a 70,000 word gay-for-you romance with a dark side. It features an intense love story and plenty of steam
.


My review: 


When you think you saw everything when it comes to merman stories, think again because you're wrong! This book is pure gold. 

I love it when authors takes the time to create a whole new world with amazing settings and great characters. This story is unique and I enjoyed reading it. I loved every minute of it. 

When it comes to historical romances I always bite my tongue and shake my head, they're somehow not my cup of tea, but this! This is the third book with historical settings I loved (so it seems I'm wrong and basically they are really for me?! LOL)

Loved the way how the mermen were in this story. Everyone thought that they are the bad guys who lures the pirates into the water then kills them. Half of it is true, because poor mermen are lonely and horny creatures, they need human contact, so yes, they are luring men into the water. But then comes the twist. And oh, what a twist it was! The biology/anatomy of mermen is mind blowing! Show me one book where they can't orgasm! Show me one book where they don't have the biggest c/cks. My mind was blown away becasue of this. I LOVED it. This was the biggest surprise and my favorite fact in this book. 

Fernando (can we take a minute to appreaciate this name? Yes? I love it! I've waited forever to read a book where the MC is called Fernando, so thanks!). So, Fernando and Arian - they were both lovely characters and I loved how they changed. Their love story was cute and hot but not easy. Loved how they struggled and fought for their HEA. It was perfect. Both Fernandon and Arian were strong characters and I loved that they both gave up everything for each other. 

And the best? It's a debut novel! WOW! I'm here for more from the author and can't wait to read more in this universe! I want all the HEA to those mermen.




No comments:

Post a Comment