Pages - Menu

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

~ Love of the Egoist ~

Author: Nero Seal
Title: Love of the Egoist
Series: Egoist 1
Release date: 2018 May
Pages: 256
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★☆☆


Blurb: 

Isolation. Loneliness. Endless silence stretching into eternity.
This is the personal living hell of police detective, Kuon Leiris.
His punishment for ruining the Black Duke’s deal.
But when nights come, it gets worse…
Cruelty. Care. Brutality. Affection.
Constant mind games where he can do nothing, but give in.
Yugo pours his every corrupt desire into his prey, testing the limits of their twisted relationship.
Do you dare enter a dark world where safe-words don’t exist?

My review: 

I wanted to read this book so much, this got recommended to me too, so when I got a chance to read an ARC, I immediately said yes and started to read it.

The first few chapters were weird, but I thought the story and the characters will be better as I read more and more. Not so much as I thought. 

I was promised dark and twisted, brutality and cruelty and Stockholm Syndrome. And what I got? Weak characters, little bit affectionate scenes and a bit romance. 

This book was so not what I thought. It was good in some level, but after I got promised darkness, I expect the darkness! So no, it wasn't a good dark one.

Yugo was weak, so so weak. Not what I expect from the head of an organization with full of brutality. No. But the few mind games were good. Not perfect but good. 

Kuon was boring. I couldn't liked him. He was weak too, so they were the perfect match for each other. And that thing at the end with Mio... come on, the blind could see through that boy but not Kuon. 

After all, this book was a dissapointment. Far from dark and twisted. 

BUT if it didn't promised me darkness, I could totally loved it- but not in this case, sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment