Pages - Menu

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

~ Complementary Colors ~

Author: Adrienne Wilder
Title: Complementary Colors
Pages: 320
Release date: 2014 June
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★⍣

Blurb:

My sister Julia manipulated my life into a prison to keep me silent about our dirty family secret. Her greed made me a slave and circumstance left me with no way to escape.

Trapped, the only way I could silence the nightmares driving me to insanity was to wrap them in color, hold them with shadow, and stitch them to negative space with line.

But no matter how bright the pigments, no one could see my confession.

Except for Roy Callahan.

I thought he was just another nameless one-night stand in a long line of many.
But I was wrong. Roy could see past the façade of my life and through the veil color over the canvas. He could see what the world couldn’t.

And with him I’d find the courage to tell the truth about the boy.

The boy who kissed me.
The boy who loved me.
The boy whose name I couldn’t remember.

My review: 

I finished the book and I just can't ... It wrecked me. It was so good i have no words! It was everything. I think I've never read a book like this. Never have I ever read a book this beautiful, this emotional, this deep, this perfect!

I love dark books, i love books with colors and i love books with characters with mental health.

The last book that wrecked me like this was Colors Between Us by Kate Hawthorne. Back then I tought that book was perfect and everything. Don't get me wrong, I still think it is and I still love it so much, but THIS book.... OMG this book is so much more and it gave me so much more emotions and tears.

This book is definitely the BEST of this year. I can't imagine a book which will better than this. (but prove me wrong, lol, please, i need more like this!!!)

I loved reading it while i feared reading it. It had touched me to my bones, I was shaking while reading. I loved every minutes of it. And i was ready for the tears!

I want everyone to read this book. Read it. Feel it. Love it!

It is a masterpiece! HIGHLY recommend it. Don't miss this out! Buy it now and start reading! You won't regret it, I promise!

1 comment: