Pages - Menu

Monday, September 20, 2021

~ Ponyboy by AE Lister ~

Author: AE Lister
Title: Ponyboy
Series: The Braided Crop Ranch 2 (can read as standalone)
Pages: 300
Release date: 2021 April 12
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 


Owen Lipke is looking for adventure. When he hears about a ranch in the Muskokas catering to kinky men who don’t want to settle for backroom amateurs, he signs up in a second.

At the Braided Crop Ranch, Owen finds what he’s looking for: A sex positive space with safety protocols and Doms (trainers) who know their business. And a stable full of well-behaved ponyboys to prove it.

Owen thinks his trainer, Kamal, is hot as hell but finds being a ponyboy isn’t as intuitive as he expected. As he struggles to learn the basics of equine pet play under the firm hand of his trainer he finds himself falling for the older, experienced, man.

And perhaps Kamal is developing a thing for the young, adventurous newcomer. But there are rules at the ranch about fraternizing with staff. And Owen wonders if it’s wise to fall in love with the pragmatic trainer who unravels him layer by layer to expose his deepest needs and most secret proclivities.

But perhaps wisdom is overrated. And maybe the rewards of adventure are only achieved when you abandon caution and take a huge leap of faith.

BDSM/MM/Erotic Romance

My review: 


This book was on my radar from the moment I saw the title and the cover! And it got recommended me many, many times... so when I got the chance to read the ARC, I couldn't say yes fast enough LOL. 

But on a sirious tone, holymoly! What have I been missing out on? And this book is the second in the series! WOW! I knew that after reading Various Persuasions, that the author is now on my auto-buy & one-click list, but this book just made me sure about that decision. Now I only need two thing: the first and the next book in the series hahaha

The story is *surprise-surprise* playing around pony-play and BDSM elements. I love everything pet-play and BDSM related, so it wasn't a question that this book will be right up my alley, but never in a million years have I thought this will be this amazing. I mean, come on! It takes place on an actual ranch! And it was so hot, I have no actual words to describe this journey. 

The storyline, the characters and the banter between them... the romance and everything pony, just WOW. My jaw is on the floor. There's just no words how beautiful and awesome this story is. 

Owen and Kamal were so perfect and I loved the instant chemistry they had for the first time they saw each other. And I loved how open minded Owen was, everything from singing up for this event to get into the shower with one of the guys while still pining after Kamal. And how he was in pony gear, just WOW. I need more characters like Owen. And Kamal, haha, it was a bit funny how he got into this situation. We can call this story a workplace romance too, because Kamal was sort of Owen's boss in this situation. Oh and I loved how strict they were about the rules - no actual fucking, but anything other than that was okay. And how hot it was. HOW! HOT! Phew. 

Really, really enjoyed the book, and the surprise threesome at the end was a great addition too. 

Highly recommend this book, but only for open minded people.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment