Pages - Menu

Saturday, October 26, 2019

~ Manners & Mannerisms ~

Author: Tanya Chris
Title: Manners & Mannerisms
Release date: 2019 November 7
Pages: 204
Add it on Goodreads
Pre-order it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆


Blurb: 

Everyone in Highley eagerly anticipates the arrival of Reginald Abernathy, the new master of Albon Manor. Everyone, that is, except Lord William Bascomb. William knows he’ll be expected to woo Reginald’s sister, and he can't summon the interest for it. But when the Abernathys arrive at last, William discovers he’s interested after all—in Reginald. Reginald is the most handsome, most dashing, most intriguing man he’s ever known. Better yet, he seems to share William's preference for men.

The addition of the Abernathys to Highley suits everyone. William’s sister adores Reginald’s, Aunt Harriet foresees many happy matches between the two families, William’s sister-in-law is pleased at the prospect of unloading her penniless relatives at last, and all the eligible ladies in Highley want the man who only has eyes for William.

Against a backdrop of elegant balls and frolicking picnics, William and Reginald enjoy furtive moments of ecstasy until a scandal erupts, forcing William to choose between Reginald and the only life he’s ever known.

My review: 

I need to tell, that this was my very first historical book ever. And although I was afraid of reading this genre, I liked this book very much. My fears were right, because I think this genre is not for me, but here and there some book'll be do good to me. 

The story and the characters were lovely, but there were so many side character...what I mean is, there were many woman in this book I didn't liked. I'm not used to women in m/m books, and I'm not used to historical reads either, so this was really out of my comfort zone and out of the ordinary. 

William and Reginald were two awesome, cute and lovely character, and their relationship was good to see/read. It was slow, but so cute. Especially William's unknowing to the whole gay situation, everything he or they did were so much better and hotter. I mean all the firsts they did, aww I loved all of them.

The ending of the book was really easy, I know this will be the end from early on the book- the girls situation were really clear. 

I liked reading this book and I think this was a good first for me to the historical genre. I had only one probleme, all the unfamiliar words and the long sentences to describe something - BUT this is what a historical book looks like, so I think it's a plus because it was really good but not for my liking. I hope I make sense lol, if not then sorry.

Loved William and Reginald but I need more of them, I'm feeling I didn't get enough. 

If you love historical then this book is definitely is yours. Or if you are new to the genre, like I was, then I recommend it too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment