Pages - Menu

Friday, February 18, 2022

~ Just Calamarried by K.L. Hiers ~

 

Author: K.L. Hiers
Title: Just Calamarried
Series: Sucker For Love Mysteries 5 (not a standalone)
Pages: 257
Release date: 2022 March 22
Add it on: Goodreads
Buy it on: Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 


Newlyweds Sloane and Loch are eagerly expecting their first child, though for Sloane that excitement is tempered by pregnancy side effects. Carrying a god’s baby would be enough to deal with, especially with the whole accelerated gestation thing, but it’s not like Sloane can take maternity leave. He works for himself as a private investigator. Which leads him to his next case.

At least this strange new mystery distracts him from the stress of constant puking.

When two priests are murdered within hours of each other, a woman named Daphne hires Sloane and Loch to track down the prime suspect—her brother—before the police do. Between untangling a conspiracy of lies and greed, going toe-to-toe with a gangster, and stealing a cat, they hardly have time to decorate a nursery….

My review: 


Ohmygods

I just have no words for this book. Not kidding, no effing words. It was way too hilarious, cute, hot and cuddly. I just - awwwwwwww- can't with this perfection. 

Sloane and Loch are one of my top favorite couple ever, and I mean EVERRRR. Loch is really something else, I love the way he is and how he speaks and acts and LOVES Sloane. It's just so adorable.

I laughed many- MANY times while reading this book. And if it's not the perfect way to spend a day while reading a book, I don't know what is and I don't want it. I wish more book has this *magic* in it. When it's perfectly sweet, super hot, and otherworldy hilarious. The perfect combo ever.

The mystery part of the story was really fascinating and exciting. The mpreg part (OMG, the mpreg part!!!!!) was the best and loved the magic around it (spoiler----- the egg! and the egg laying!!! wow).
The tentacle sex - ummm, yeah, that's my favorite part in this series, can you blame me?

I just loved it. This whole series is so good and I love every book in it, but Sloane and Loch are the ultimate favorite.

I don't know who was the inspiration for Loch, but I need more characters like him.

The first scene when I LAUGHED OUT LOUD, and it's only at 5%:

"I've also been thinking that Uncle Gordoth should change his name. Seeing as how he's been touched many times now by Chase, the 'Untouched' makes no sense."
"Loch, we can talk about that later--"
"I would like to suggest Gordoth the Slut." 

 

And the next scene, at 7%

"Maybe we should do the nursery in purle, then, since that's Great Azaethoth's color, huh?"
"Although my great-great-great-grandfather is the most powerful of all the gods, he is not the best. That would be me."
"Do you have a color?"
"Yes."
"Well, what is it?"
"Purple, obviously."
...
"And before you ask me, I'm still not sold on 'Azaethoth the Lesser Junior'."
...
"I think Daniel Azaethoth the Lesser Junior sounds lovely."
"Perfect."

And if you're still not sold on the hilariousness of Loch: 


"I'm just making sure you have your facts gay."
"Don't you mean
straight?"
"No." Loch grinned at his own joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment