Pages - Menu

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

~ Dark Horse by AE Lister ~

 

Author: AE Lister
Title: Dark Horse
Series: The Braided Crop Ranch 3 (can be read as standalone)
Pages: 271  
Release date: 2021 October19 
Buy it on Amazon - Nine Star Press
Add it on Goodreads
Rating: ★★★★★ (4,5)


Blurb: 

Adam Marsland has a plan.

He’s been managing the Braided Crop Ranch for six years and wants to bring everybody he can find back for a week of games, competition, and celebration.

Henry Swift was a ponyboy at the BCR during its very first year. He learned to trot, pull a cart, and submit to his trainer. He’s never quite left the experience behind and is excited to receive Adam’s invitation to return.

But it’s not only the Ranch and its sex-positive atmosphere pulling Henry back to the seclusion of the Muskoka wilderness.

Ever since their first frantic and lustful encounter in the woods, Henry’s had a thing for Adam Marsland and his memories of his tumultuous time on the ranch have haunted him for years. Adam’s still at the ranch, and now Henry can go back and discover if the older man has any regret for the way things turned out in the past.

But the gymkhana Adam’s planning means the return of a plethora of ponyboys and trainers and Henry wonders if he will have trouble reminding Adam how much they wanted to be together back then, and how possible it might be for them now, in the midst of the excitement and testosterone.

No one ever said love was easy, but Henry is determined to make the most of his chance.

My review: 

Finally Adam's story! I was so excited about this book. I only read the second (Ponyboy) but I'm looking forward to the first (Stable Hand) too. I'm really enjoying this world and the stories. 

The author's writing style is really amazing and both the character and world building are awesome. I just love everything about this series, everyone is perfectly loveable and kinky, the kink scenes are hot and real like, and gosh, the sexy scenes are just scorching hot! When everyone is with everyone while their partner is watching, just wow! I love how monogamous but still open everyone are in this series, it fits perfectly. 

Altough I enjoyed the book, I have a bit problem why it isn't 5 star for me. It wasn't strictly Adam and Henry's book, it was mostly 'everyone is here so let's show them how they are now'. There were some scenes that stole the show from Adam and Henry, and while I really enjoyed reading those too, I wanted more romance between our two MC. I loved how Kamal handled the boys, I loved how Henry loved watching everything that happened around him (and sometimes joined too), I loved how hard both Henry and Adam felt toward each other, but I missed more scenes between only the two of them. The sneeking around, secret meetings, it was sweet, but not enough. 

The BDSM is still so amazing and the pony-play is well written. Love the series and highly recommend it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment